Sunday, June 14, 2009

London Shopping: Cath Kidston, Emma Bridgewater, Skandium, Liberty

London Shopping was somewhat restricted by only bringing handluggage but I think I managed to squeeze in some lovely things! First off was Cath Kidston and I restricted myself here with a Plum Crush Mug and the Flowery Dusters which I plan to make into something else - maybe a cushion! Next was Emma Bridgewater and I got these lovely melamine beakers (made by Rice) - the purple Black Toast beaker says "Nice for Picnics"! I was delighted to find this Astrid Sempe printed towel at Skandium - I have looked into ordering some Sempe jars from an English website but the postage was four times more to have it sent to Ireland - even more expensive then the actual item! I'm planning to frame this - along with the M&S towel I got at the Penny Bazaar and this towel I bought at Kew Gardens. As for Liberty - I just bought these lovely buttons as my shopping partner had at this stage slumped into a very handy and almost cunningly placed "husband chair" in the Haberdashery section!


5 comments:

Hel said...

I love the aqua buttons, it looks like you had a good spend up!

x hel x

Clare said...

haha that's so funny, last time I went to Liberty I bought the blue and elephant buttons. You clearly have excellent button taste. I'm still trying to decide what to use them for!

Gillian said...

Yes I love the blue buttons too - and the elephant buttons have been on my shopping list since my friend bought them a few yearsa ago! They also had little piggie buttons!

picciolo said...

great shopping, the husband chair sounds perfect too!
: )

Cathy said...

Hi Gillian. You have purchased some lovely things there. That printed Astrid Sempe towel is really lovely. Too good to use really. Would look nice as a piece of wall art. Love those buttons too. I haven't been in Liberty for ages. I am due another visit soon. I just love being in that beautiful old building.