Friday, September 11, 2009

Covet Tuesday: Comptoir de Famille

I've been a fan of Comptoir de Famille since a visit to Paris a few years back where I happened across the line in Galeries Layfayette. Since then I've found small collections in shops like Avoca in Dublin, Boulevard Interiors and The Pavilion in Cork but the online catalogue is well worth a look too - the Autumn/Winter line is not accessible yet but the Spring/Summer is still relevant for another few weeks (hopefully!). I have a weakness for anything made from wire at the moment so I really love these eggbaskets and these Rooster paintings caught my eye too - all highly covetable!

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Gillian, I have missed a lot on your blog since I was away. Firstly I love Louis. What a cutey. Hopefully we can see more of him as he grows up.

What great presents you have received. The patchwork bag is lovely and such a shame your things have not reached her. You can't even trust the expensive postal service these days. Ours here in the UK is just the same.

You seem to be settling into life in Cork really well. It is great to be in a new place where you can discover new shops, galleries, walks etc.

Thanks for the intro to Comptoir. The catalogue is very interesting. I am coveting those wicker baskets. I love wicker baskets.

Jenny S said...

Oh what lovely things!! I'm really taken with the glass bottles and jars... I miss real milk bottles!
xo

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Thanks for the look into the Comptoir Catalog. Everything looks lovely.

Sue said...

Hi Gillian,
I love these items, will have to get their catalogue. Thanks for the tip. Some of the items look very similar to Lavender and Sage. The website is www.lavenderandsage.co.uk I have been flicking their catalogue for months just trying to choose a few items, but I love the lot.

Gillian said...

Thanks all for the great comments! Its good to know my little covets are interesting to you too! G

Clare said...

Wow great for the introduction, the furniture looks great. I'm staying in France this year so I'll definitely try and find a shop near me.

Coly Blue said...

Love the Comptoir de Famille products!!! Boulevard Interiors' new showroom is covered with there pretty little things.

Gillian said...

Have not been to Boulevard in ages - think they have moved so must make a visit! G