Sunday, February 28, 2010

Covet Tuesday: Emma Bridgewater AGA

I saw this Emma Bridgewater spotted AGA in the Sunday Newspapers and was instantly in love! This polka dot AGA has been designed to mark the 300th anniversary of the AGA Coalbrookdale foundry. We had an AGA at home when I was in my teens and I really think you need a big kitchen to do such a great piece of design justice. Having said that, I mostly remember using the AGA to make tea and toast - oh and to dry jeans over for University!

6 comments:

Lavender hearts said...

I've seen this on a few blogs, I prefer plain AGAs, but then I have my sensible hat on. I'd be thinking give it a few years and it'll look naff. :-)

mise said...

It'd be lovely as the showpiece of a painted white kitchen, with textiles to match the colours of the dots. I like seeing such an enterprising idea even if I couldn't live with it myself.

Gillian said...

I agree mise - I think it would look great in a white painted kitchen - I guess I was imagining it somewhere like the fantastic Yvestown's home! http://www.yvestown.com/

Cathy said...

Love that aga design Gillian. Very covetable if you have the right kitchen for it. What a nice friend to give you some Kath Kidston stuff. I love looking in her shop in Covent Garden.

I envy you those baskets. Louis has very good taste. I wish I had more room to collect interesting baskets.

Cliodhna Marie said...

I love this Aga actually...throw sense out the window, you live only once. I personally am a fan of the kitsch. Besides, it could always be painted and varnished another colour afterwards.

Gillian said...

I agree Cliodhna Marie - why not have a little fun whilst cooking! I just saw an amazing lilac AGA in a magazine - but I think I still prefer the polka dots! G