Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Royal Cross Stitch

Following yesterday's Engagement I thought it would be a good time to show you a recent thrifty car boot find. I had seen this cross stitch during the Summer and regretted not buying it once leaving the sale. However, we returned a few weekends ago and lo and behold the stallholder still had it for sale (probably due to generally grubby nature, boring frame and decidedly Royal content). So I snapped it up for 7.50euro - a total bargain for such a large piece - and I love the colours too - just a little clean and a new frame and it will look great!

3 comments:

picciolo said...

Firstly, I'm so glad Louis is home, you must be so relieved. And you have certainly got lots of christmas spirit, I love your new decorations, especially the paper chains. I think your cross stitch was a bargain, it is a lovely design
: )

Tammy said...

I am finding a new love of old needlepoints, crossstitch & redwork. gorgeous piece. Tammy

home made gorgeous said...

This is fabulous and what a bargain! Someone must have put a lot of love and attention into stitching this...I've presented you with a little award on my site as I really enjoy reading your blog! Hope you have a lovely weekend :) Sarah