Monday, November 15, 2010

Visiting: The Knitting and Stitching Show

Last month I was lucky enough to attend The Knitting and Stitching Show at the RDS. The hall was jam-packed with exhibitors with loads of goodies on sale. I noticed a particular emphasis on quilting and cross stitch stands. I succumbed to some mini cross stitch kits, kawaii fabric from Pippa Blue, some Clover goodies and a quilting square. All in all quite restrained I thought - some ladies were throwing their credit cards at the vendors - very dangerous!
We also visited The National Gallery for the Gabriel Metsu exhibition and the Irish Museum of Modern Art to see the new Moderns and Post-War American Art exhibitions which I was very impressed with. Oh and we dropped by Dublin Zoo even though it was bucketing down - I wanted to see the Snow Leopard I got in an adoption package last Christmas. The rain proved fortunate as we saw two leopards sleeping in their warm and dry hut. 
On arrival home I ordered Cath Kidston's new book Stitch! which is right on trend with all things cross stitch and needlepoint - will post more on this later in the week!

No comments: