Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vintage Whitman Playing Cards

I noticed the trend for greetings cards featuring vintage playing cards in London over the Summer (in shops such as Selfridges and Anthropologie). When I returned home I really regretted not buying some so set about searching online. I was lucky to find sets of Animal Rummy and Crazy Eights Playing Cards by Whitman. I especially love the little critters so made this card today (using Paperchase card blanks and photo corners) for my nephew's 2nd birthday this weekend!

3 comments:

picciolo said...

I love the playing cards, and the card you made is really cute. What a good idea to ue photo corners so you didn't have to use glue
: )

Cathy said...

What a great and idea Gillian. I am very impressed with your card and I am sure the recipient will be too. I think handmade cards are so much more interesting than bought ones.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Irish Christmas and New Year.

"JeanneG" said...

I loved playing Animal Rummy when I was little.