Monday, February 7, 2011

Wool Wrapped Driftwood and My First Pottery Plate!

Having seen similar projects over at Poppytalk, I  decided to have a go at my own driftwood door hanging! I had collected this last Summer and was looking for a nice project for this lovely Rowan yarn so this was the perfect marriage! This was super quick and easy - I just used some jewellery wire to connect up all the pieces! Also I've been waiting since September to debut my new Pottery skills. I've been taking a night class at the Crawford College of Art and am really enjoying it - I'm happy with this plate - though I did send it to be fired without quite finishing the design on one of the little branches! Hope to have more to show you soon!

4 comments:

mise said...

I'm ever so impressed with both; they are beautiful. If that's your first plate, it's a wonderful start.

picciolo said...

What a pretty plate! And I love the wall hanging, what a gorgeous combination of colour and wood
: )

Gillian said...

Thanks! I would recommend trying the driftwood mobile - would even work with fallen tree twigs if getting to the beach is a problem! G

Nimblefingerssteadyeyebrows said...

Love the driftwood- what a great idea! Laurax