Wednesday, June 8, 2011

London Loveliness

Yes the main reason for our recent trip to London was to visit the Flower Show and yes we also managed to squeeze in some shopping trips! Most notably Anthropologie (you might recognise this plate from a recent 'Covet' post), Heal's - where I found these 'Stiff Upper Lip' paper plates and the huge Westfield shopping centre where we comforted ourselves with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and I spent lots of time at the UNIQLO shop. I was surprised to find a LadurĂ©e cart in the Departures area of the new Dublin Airport terminal so bought myself some to keep me going en route! I also ducked into Hamley's to see their Steiff display, bought myself a Pip Studio Wallet at John Lewis, and bought this nifty rubber gadget for holding together a bamboo trellis on which to grow my sweet pea at the Show!
At the very last minute of flowering I decided to make some Elderflower Cordial again this year - looks and smells wonderful - see this Tutorial for details.
I've also been busy making these felt flowers for an Etsy order - very pleased with the results so far!

2 comments:

mise said...

Elderflower cordial - how lovely, and that's a beautiful bottle you have it in.

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

i love all the photos, what a fab time you had!

your flowers look so pretty all loned up and gorgeous!