Friday, July 1, 2011

Visiting: Copenhagen

We started our recent Nordic trip in København - I've included some photographs of our hostel's reception area at the end of the post.
We were trying not to do to much at the beginning of our holiday but we still managed to squeeze in visits to the amazing National Museet, Dansk Design Center, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, the beautiful National Gallery as well as walking out to see The Little Mermaid/Den lille havfrue (braving the crazy bus tours to get a photograph) and visiting Tivoli which we really enjoyed even though we were too chicken to go on any of the rides!
We also came across the Marionette Theatre (Marionet Teatret) in the Kings Garden. We saw 'The Bike Ride' which was highly enjoyable even in Danish!
I had to reign in any shopping temptation I had as I knew I had two weeks of trekking with my rucksack but I did manage to get in some research - more of which later!








1 comment:

Cliodhna Marie said...

This looks gorgeous, you lucky duck! Love the photos.